Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1st

Glow in the Dark Galaxies

Listen to the crickets sing.
It's nearly spring, it's nearly spring
An owl hoots softly in the dark.
And a lonely girl continues to look for a spark,
but all she can see are the glow in the dark galaxies.
Her ceiling is the universe, a floating light, in a dark sea.
For hours she can count the heavens,
for years she's counted in ones, twos and, sevens.
She waits for the ring of a phone call,
but at the sound, the stars begin to fall.
Stepping around a universe of rubble,
she looks in the mirror so long that she sees double.
She paints on her face, pulls back her hair,
and all of a sudden,
the lonely girl isn't there.

I've noticed that I've kind of strayed away from rhyming in my poetry so, I'm really going to try to get back into that.

UPDATE: Blogger is set at a different time from where I am. Here it's actually 12:51am on April 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment